Today's rapidly evolving economic, political and social landscape is creating unprecedented challenges for border management. Governments must facilitate legitimate travel and trade while maintaining strong security at the border.
Responding to the Challenges of Modern Border Management
Our border management strategies cover goods and people, points of entry and physical borders, and strategic and operational aspects. We work closely with governments to provide insights and expertise that deliver tangible results, enhancing border security and facilitating border management.
Our robust solutions help you maintain border security in the face of key global challenges:
- Rising international passenger numbers, freight volumes and legal and illegal migrants
- Migratory pressures stemming from climate change and European Union expansion
- Natural threats and those linked to terrorism and organized crime
- Illegal trafficking of people and goods
A Tailored Approach to Improving Border Management
Capgemini recognizes that each country faces different pressures and challenges in securing its borders. While there is no one-size-fits-all border management solution, our experience shows that governments must adopt a holistic approach that fosters cross-agency collaboration.
We partner with you to develop and implement effective border management solutions that are business oriented and technologically advanced, placing intelligence at the heart of operations.
Proven Border Strategy Expertise
For the past 25 years, Capgemini has worked with governments to implement new border management strategies and support transformation programs.
Our current projects include:
- Delivering national security solutions to US federal government agencies, including Homeland Security, to improve operations and increase preparedness
- Working with the US Government to evolve border security strategies and assist in coordination of inter-agency border security initiatives.
- Partnering with the Trusted Borders Consortium to transform how the UK manages and supports its borders
- Helping Dutch border management authorities conduct risk assessment projects at airports and land borders
- Collaborating with Australian customs to analyze and manage the movement of people and cargo across its borders
- Supporting the Italian government’s integration of ePassport capabilities