The Financial Services World Quality Report 2012 identifies key priorities for testing organizations within financial services firms:
- Broaden the scope of outsourcing to acquire capabilities, support innovation and optimize costs. Capgemini and Sogeti’s global testing organization came out #1 among 13 major vendors in Ovum’s 2011 benchmarking study of testing services. Learn more about Capgemini’s managed testing services for financial firms.
- Adopt a Center of Excellence model for testing to gain agility, improve service quality and optimize testing efforts. Explore how to benchmark your testing organization against other financial services firms with our Quality Blueprint™ assessment and see how Capgemini can help you plan your path forward
- Evaluate how to use the cloud as a test environment or pay-per-use model and learn how to address real and perceived risks. Our FS operational risk specialists work with Capgemini testing professionals to help you manage the risks unique to financial services institutions when considering the cloud for testing.
- Build skills to test mobile applications and leverage automation to keep up with technology innovations. Capgemini uses a Model Based Testing approach to automate and accelerate testing efforts for common FS applications such as SWIFT, Guidewire and TSYS. This approach helps us quickly build test tools and assets for new technologies like mobile OS as they emerge.
- Ensure end-to-end security testing extends across the full scope of your FS IT landscape: applications, infrastructure, networks and data. Capgemini’s Quality Blueprint™ assessment helps you identify areas not covered by current testing activities while our full range of testing services can support your efforts to build a Testing Center of Excellence.
- Quantify the value QA is bringing to your business with benchmark metrics such as competency, productivity and defect tracking. Our proven testing tools and methodologies use built-in metrics for tracking and reporting purposes so you can measure the effectiveness of your efforts.
Dig Deeper with Proven Solutions for Financial Services
Discover our solutions for financial services institutions:
Model Based Testing Workbench: A tool driven approach to automate test design and accelerate testing for commercial financial services applications. By using pre-defined models, Capgemini helped a European bank increase test coverage by 300% and created over 2,600 test cases in one month.
Quality Blueprint™: A customized assessment which measures the maturity level of your test organization against industry benchmarks. Using our proprietary, historical database of assessments, Capgemini benchmarks your company against the financial services industry across 22 dimensions and provides a roadmap with recommendations to move to the next level of maturity.
Managed Testing Services: A collaborative approach to sourcing testing and QA services, managed testing services provide financial services firms with a way to transform their testing function and achieve high-quality systems cost-effectively, without losing overall control or incurring expensive overhead costs.
We bring unparalleled financial services domain expertise to our testing engagements. We have experience testing key applications for the world’s largest banks, insurers and investment firms and have developed a wealth of proprietary tools and accelerators to streamline your testing processes.
We combine our world-class testing expertise and global financial services domain experience to streamline testing for customized or commercial off the shelf applications. We've helped our clients:
Optimize quality assurance processes to reduce post production defects by 25% or more
Develop testing management programs that reduce post production defects by 25%, test execution time by 15%, and testing preparation time by 20% with 0% defect leakage to production
Reduce test failures due to unavailable test data by 70%
Achieve 15% overall project savings through the use of defect prediction modeling
Lower testing time for commercial software by as much as 30%